Voluntary Carbon Market Clarity: Making Sense of the Trends
Register for this webinar below
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
The Voluntary Carbon Market (VCM) is an important tool in the global effort to reduce carbon emissions outside of regulatory mandates. However, the VCM is characterized by its volatility and complexity, with recent years seeing significant price fluctuations and a growing need for transparency and technical understanding.
In this webinar, we will provide an overview of the current state of the VCM, including both challenges and why it’s an essential tool for businesses on the path to decarbonization. We will explore the significant drop in carbon prices over the last year, why price per tonne can vary significantly across registries and technologies, how to assess quality of a carbon credit, removals vs avoidance credits, and more.
- Master the Volatility: Understand the implications of the recent drop in carbon prices and the current state of market volatility and liquidity.
- Navigate the Players: Learn about the roles of Project Developers, Verification Bodies, Brokers, Traders, Intermediaries, and Corporate Buyers in the VCM.
- Transparency and Strategy: Learn how CarbonBetter is working to bring transparency to its clients participating in the VCM and how your business can make informed decisions for carbon insetting and offsetting.
- Future-Proofing: Gain insights into the challenges of standardization, scalability, and the importance of a balanced approach to sustainability.
- Actionable Guidance: Receive expert advice on navigating the VCM, managing risks, and making informed decisions amidst evolving regulations and public perception.
This webinar is designed for decision-makers who are navigating the complexities of the VCM. Whether you’re grappling with the implications of carbon pricing or looking to align with upcoming regulations, our insights will help you make informed, strategic decisions.
Join us as we cut through the complexity to provide clarity on the VCM. Register now to secure your spot and ensure your business is ready for what’s next in the VCM.
We’re CarbonBetter, a privately held firm specializing in sustainability and decarbonization services, clean energy and carbon offset project consulting, and energy logistics. We chart a clear path for every organization to drive meaningful change in the transition to a net-zero economy, accelerating the societal shifts that will save our planet.
Director of Climate Services
Nicole Sullivan leads CarbonBetter‘s climate practice, helping organizations measure, reduce, offset, and report on environmental impacts, including carbon emissions, water, and waste.
Director of Business Development
Dominic Sung partners with clients to measure, report, and reduce their emissions in a transparent, traceable, and pragmatic way.
David Moffat has more than 20 years’ experience in environmental finance & markets, strategy, business development and growing organizations.